Sunday, March 10, 2013

Raleigh Brewing

Visited Raleigh Brewing on March 9th which just so happened to be their Grand Opening.  Kelly (My wife) and I arrived around 4:15 since the Grand Opening celebration started at 5:00 and I wanted a decent parking spot plus they also house Atlantic Brew Supply which has everything a home brewer would ever want and I needed some supplies.

We purchased our tickets to get beer and I got 5 tickets to try their 5 core beers that were available for the Grand Opening.  I started out with the Uncommon Curiosity which is a standard American Style Lager.  I wasn't overly impressed with this one but then again I am a High Gravity Hop Head so the lighter styles don't fancy me.  Over all though this is a good beer to have on a hot summer day after mowing the yard or on the golf course.  It's much better than any domestic beer you will find.  My second beer was the City of Blokes Bitter, now we are talking my style of beer and I've got more on this on at the end.  The City of Blokes is a traditional pub style ale with the right amount of balance.  This will probably be my "Go To" beer with RBC.  My third one was the Pot of Gold Stout.  This one was not listed on their line up of beers so I looked at it as a bonus.  It drinks like a porter with the creaminess of a stout.  A very good year round beer which I usually don't recommend stouts in the warmer months.  My 4th beer was the House of Clay IPA.  As I said I'm a hop head and while I think this beer could be hopped more it is probably hopped enough for the average IPA drinker.  I'd like to see this one done as a Double IPA in the future.  My 5th beer was the Hell Yes Ma'am which is an absolutely fabulous Belgian Style Golden.  I had ordered this beer with the House of Clay and had Kelly hold it in her hand to warm it up a bit as I like my Belgian's a tad warmer than my other styles.  If it wasn't for the 8.5% ABV I would make this my "Go To" beer.  This Belgian pairs with the best of the best in that style.  At this time in the evening it was getting late and my wife while being the trooper she is was getting antsy on wanting to leave.  I checked the time and it was 6:50.  I had heard at 7:00 they were going to start serving a Cask of the City of Blokes.  I flashed my "baby blues" and she went and purchased a ticket and stood in line to get me my first ever true cask ale.  Now I've had pub ales with the little nitrogen ball in them but nothing will ever compare to the flavor and feel of this beer.  It was Dry-hopped with Kent Goldings and that turned a great beer into one of the best beers I've ever had in all my years of researching beers.  I can only hope this is a staple at the brewery as I am sure it will be a huge hit. 

I highly recommend this brewery.  The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and even professional during probably the most stressful day of their careers.  I hope they keep the charm as they grow and they will be guaranteed success.

Cheers!

http://raleighbrewingcompany.com/
My lovely wife and I at the brewery.

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-39580503-1', 'ncbeers.blogspot.com');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment