Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery

The Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery in High Point is certainly the most interesting Brewery thus far.  It really is more of a restaurant and the food is quite good but this isn't a food blog it's a beer blog.  I must admit that I had some pre-conceived notion about this place due to it's location and the clientele it is more apt to attract.  Well, I was correct about the clientele as it really has a "sports bar" feel when you walk in.  However, the beer for the most part is a class above "sports bar".

Liberty is owned by TBonz Restaurant Group so I'm not sure the Brew Master has total control over the beer.  

I started out with the Miss Liberty lager and I was hoping for better beer.  It's definitely brewed for the masses and while they hail it as their most popular beer.  It's bland with very little flavor of malt or hops.  For the typical "Domestic" beer drinker it may be a favorite.  I like to think of this as a "Girly" beer. 

I then had the Rocket Red and was quite impressed with it especially after the Lager.  It has the right balance of malt and hops for a very good American Red.  I do recommend this beer as an into to craft beers.

The Nut Brown quickly became my favorite of their selection even though it's not as hoppy as my palate typically likes.  The roast of the malts completes this beer and lots of hops are not needed to give this beer a great flavor.  It really is a true American style Nut Brown and should be on the top of your list to try should you visit this brewery.


As a "hop head" I was looking forward to the IPA and while I enjoyed it there are much better IPA's to be found in NC.  If you are a typical IPA drinker you may be disappointed but it will suffice your appetite while there.

The Stout is a true Stout and is what one would expect from any decent small brewery.  Nicely roasted malts and balanced hops give this beer something for any stout lover to enjoy.

They had two seasonal that I sampled.  The first one was a Kellerbier which is a style I typically don't enjoy but this one was quite enjoyable even for me.  I only had a 2oz sample and I'm not sure I would be able to drink a full pint but if this is your style it would be worth the pint.  Overall I was impressed with it.  The second was a India Black Ale and it was truly a beer for the beer drinker that likes strong malt and hops.  I was torn between this one and the Nut Brown as to which one was my favorite.  Since the Black is a seasonal I had to choose the Nut Brown as my favorite but if the Black was a constant I would call it my "go to" beer for this brewery.  

All things considered this should be a place to visit if you are in the area and craving something more than a domestic beer.  However, don't expect anything super fantastic as they are brewing for the "sports bar" crowd.

Cheers!
http://www.libertysteakhouseandbrewery.com/



<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-39580503-1', 'ncbeers.blogspot.com');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment