Monday, May 6, 2013

Huske Hardware House





Huske Hardware House almost didn't make it on my list of breweries to visit.  I looked at the name and thought immediately that it was some type of bar or some guys with a hardware store that had a Sabco Homebrew system in the back.  I'm glad I did a little more research and decided to stop in Fayetteville for this one.  The restaurant / brewery simply went back to the original name of the first tenant in the 109 year old building.  It's a stunning place to visit and as a lover of antiquities and old buildings it made me feel warm and cozy just being in the establishment.  They also have Conch Fritters on the menu and I know this is a beer blog but I love Conch Fritters and I did place an order.  The Conch Fritters were just as good as the beers produced here and even though I'm not a food critic (or any type of critic) I'm giving them 6 Cheers for the Conch Fritters.

Enough about old buildings and a food you've never heard of you're here for beer.



Watermelon Wheat  While I'm not a fan of wheat beers and I've only had one Watermelon beer in the past that I was not impressed with at all I was leery to even place this one to my lips.  But hey even I've got to take one for the team on occasion.  I was thrown back at how good this one was.  Even though it is a wheat you can actually taste the watermelon in this.  If you like the fruity wheat beers you'll take a growler of this one home I'm sure.

Level-Headed German Blonde (Kolsch) An easy drinking Kolsch style ale with Hersbrucker hops that give this a light, dry and refreshing taste. Hersbrucker Hops is similar to the noble hop varieties with its low co-humulone level. It is a definitive aroma variety with an alpha acid rating of 2.0%-5.0%. Hersbrucker Hops is a versatile one used in a great number of German style beers. Its essential oils rest in balance within the cone, and bring a mix of fruit and spice mixed with floral character. It's medium bodied and what I refer to as a lawnmower beer. ABV 5%

Farmhouse Ale Using four different Franco-Belgian malts, and the floral Strisselspalt hops. Strisselspalt is very much an aroma variety with a 1:1 alpha beta ratio and alpha acid content ranging from 3.0%-5.0%. It has a low co-humulone content as well measuring at 20.0%-25.0%. All oils are moderate with the exception of farnesene oil which barely registers. The aroma is described as having a mild pleasant hoppy bouquet.  Full bodied and one of the most interesting and complex Farmhouse Ale's this beer drinker has ever tasted.  ABV:  6.7%

Kill a Man Irish Red  Malty and heavier than one you can find in a store and has a smooth finish.  Nutty start with caramel, the Goldings and Willamette hops round out the finish.  Medium bodied and a nice beer to drink with friends.  Just don't kill them.  ABV: 4.9%

Ale Yeah A Northwest style American Pale Ale The Cascade hops give it the citrus flavor that this blogger enjoys.  I can't say much about this one other than it is my "go to" beer for HHH. ABV: 6%

Sledgehammer Stout The name fits this one well, it's a sledgehammer but damn it's good. Flavors of roasted coffee and the Galena Hops make this beer not for the faint of heart. When non-beer drinkers say "I don't like dark beer" this is the beer they are talking about.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm a fan of the Galena Hops anyway so the spicy character they give this beer really helps with the malt that is a huge part of this beer. It has a creamy texture like that of an Irish Stout but I'd be stretching it if I called it an Irish Stout.  This is truly a Sledgehammer. ABV: 6%

Spring of Pearl A very light beer with the flavor and feel of an American Style Adjunct Lager.  Not my favorite but order one of these for your buddy, wife or girlfriend while you drink the aforementioned Sledgehammer Stout.

Jacks Honey Badger Oh my damn!!!!  This one is truly off the hook and fermented in Jack DanielsTM barrels.  I never thought I'd like the taste of Jack with beer especially after my college days but this robust Honey ale that hints of the flavor of Jack DanielsTM is a truly great seasonal. 

 Their taps are on the level.  I am liking what I've been seeing with the creativity of tap handles and HHH is no different with the creativity of their handles than they are with their beer.

 Cheers!!!
http://huskehardware.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment