Sunday, July 28, 2013

Big Boss


Big Boss is well known here in NC and I was looking forward to a visit.  Due to my scheduling I wasn't able to visit on a tour day.  They only give tours on the 2nd Saturday of the month and I'm sure it's well worth it.  My visit only included the tap room but I must say I was taken back and impressed all at the same time.  Big Boss isn't the only brewery located in an industrial location so that didn't suprise me as much as the pure size of the brewery.  This place seems huge.  

The vintage military vehicle outside grabbed the attention of this writer and his ride along and we had to pose for a photo op.  

  

Once inside you are greeted by a narrow and steep set of stairs to get to the tap room                                                                            

Once in the tap room there are a few rooms with various games, seating and ambiance that reminds you that you're in an uncommon place.  With my aviation background I was especially impressed with the "nose art" that depicts the various brews that Big Boss has either had in the past or continue to brew now.


The bar itself is typical for many breweries we've been into over the years you are able to purchase a flight or a pint of your favorite brew.  You can also buy sixpacks and growlers to take home.



I had Angry Angel, Sacktime, Night Knight Bourbon Barrel Aged and High Roller.  The Night Knight Bourbon Barrel Aged is not available anywhere but in the Taproom and is well worth a trip to Raleigh and a trek up the stairs to drink this impeccable black IPA.

All in all I was not disappointed in my trip to Big Boss and I hope one day to take another trip to tour the brewery. 

Cheers!!!!
http://bigbossbrewing.com/

2 comments:

  1. Social Media Exchange
    Thanks for sharing the idea there would be some apprehensions from segment but i am up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know when you want to come back! info@bigbossbrewing.com

    ReplyDelete